Saturday, March 8, 2014

Imperial Palace Course

A few days ago I happened to be near the Imperial Palace in the middle of Tokyo, and it was my first time seeing the premises up close. I know the course which surrounds the moat is very popular for runners, as it's exactly 5k. I always want to go running there, but never actually do it. The nearby area even has facilities like showers and lockers (I don't know the exact places, but this slightly outdated article may offer some information), so there is no excuse not to go. Although I'm running at the gym, I miss the freedom and nature of the outdoors, and the Imperial Palace course is just so beautiful. Have any of you ran around the Imperial Palace, and do you have any tips?

With spring just around the corner, I feel so motivated to get deeper into my workout routine, instead of just half-heartedly hitting the treadmill like I've been doing all winter. I still love my gym, despite how expensive it is I'm glad I joined again as it's essential for my sanity. I easily get irritated by how crowded it gets, especially in the locker room. Sometimes the gym makes me feel kind of lonely, there is no friendly vibe really like my gym back in Canada or even Korea. The trainers are nice though, and since I'm one of the very few foreigners who go there, they always recognize me and make small talk.

On that note, I need to update my playlists, so please share you favourite music for running or just things you listen to lately!


Imperial Palace, Tokyo

Sakurada-mon, Imperial Palace

Hibiya Park, how pretty is it??

Hummus toast + cream soup, Pure Cafe breakfast

7 comments:

thisbeijinglife said...

I hear you on getting back into the work out routine post-winter! I have been too lazy since Christmas. I'm lucky that one of my colleagues is a qualified aerobics instructor and she runs an aerobics class which is really fun. But I need to do more again now it's nearly Spring. Can't wait for warmer weather and to go out for a jog! Not sure if these are good for running (I've not been for a while) and they are also not that new, but I can't stop listening to the latest Arcade Fire album, the recent Daft Punk album (that was released last summer- ages ago already!) and also Lorde's album.
Think I've worked the comment system out now ha! :-)

Rebecca said...

I like to listen to A Tribe Called Red when I go running!

Christine said...

So beautiful! Wish I can go running there too.

I'm waiting for all the snow to melt so I can start running again. I can't wait.

Vivian said...

Haha! Thank you for the suggestions!! I love it. I owe you an email reply soon! :)

Vivian said...

Nice- not familiar with them but I'll look it up! Thank you, I love new music suggestions.

Vivian said...

Oh I bet! Those Canadian winters... Hang in there!

Vivian said...

looks like i'm not getting my comment system either…